Below is a selection of the key speeches that Minter makes. The topics are generally around three themes:
- New Tech and Digital Transformation
- Leadership and Mindset
- Inspiration and Storytelling
These are regularly updated and are always tailored to the situation.
New Tech & Digital Transformation
New Tech Trends around the World
With some 100 million new businesses and startups cropping up globally each year, it is hard to stay up-to-date with the new tech evolutions. In this speech, I provide a panorama of the latest new tech initiatives from the four corners of the world with a focus on the usages. Putting order on a complex, fast-moving world and drawing on a global network of sociologists and technologists, I look at the major trends and explore how new tech is being used by individuals, cities, governments, companies and universities. Giving the technological initiatives context and texture, I pinpoint what’s interesting about them and the so what for business. I reveal the key questions business leaders should be asking themselves. The intention is to inspire and inform, and to encourage debate.
- How new tech is evolving around the world
- What are the key tech trends in terms of usages
- Insights into what it takes to implement new tech successfully
- Inspiration to explore your own new initiatives.
How to Futureproof your Business against the next Disruption
With so many new technologies, platforms and gadgets sprouting up every day, which will be the most disruptive for your business? How to survive and thrive? In this speech, I map out the key new technological forces that are disrupting businesses, both big and small, with an eye to creating a powerful and sustainable brand. For each of the 12 technologies, I present an action plan to initiate and/or encourage change. Each technological force is expressed via stories and real life cases. Yet, the key to unlocking the potential of these technologies is to focus on the three key mindsets. This speech will develop why and how to bring about the necessary change. www.futureproof.ly (book published by Pearson, Sep 2017)
- Understand the key disruptive technologies and new tech trends
- How to adopt the necessary mindset to take advantage of the disruptive forces
- How to futureproof your business
- Create a culture of innovation in your business
- Inspiration to go and try out some new technologies
Leadership & Mindset
Energy in Connection
The pace of change is as exhilarating as it is fatiguing. It’s hard to keep ahead of the tsunami of communications, stay up-to-date with all the right information and new innovations all the while collaborating joyfully and/or leading your team and driving performance. In this speech, I look at some practical ways to boost your energy in a digitally charged day. I provide an understanding of how our brains function and what we should be doing to optimise our energies. I will also explain key options and opportunities to use digital tools and devices in a more effective and enjoyable manner. Finally, I’ll uncover some startling facts about sleep and how to get the most out of your night’s rest.
- Inspiration to change your behaviour for the better
- What makes the brain tick and how to take advantage in today’s digitally connected world
- New tools and practical tips to master your digital life
- The five key steps to improve your sense of wellbeing
New Marketing Mindset — Unlocking the Secrets of a Rock Band
Brands and marketers suffer from a massive deficit in trust. With the new tools, platforms and devices, the options to drive marketing have mushroomed. But many digital marketing programs are running at a fraction of their potential. If the Internet and the hippie movement were both born in San Francisco, it’s no surprise that this rock band followed a marketing blueprint that created lasting success. In this entertaining and informative speech, I explore the quintessential lessons to be learned and the mindset needed to take full advantage of the remarkable new marketing tools and platforms.
- The keys to developing trust
- How to build a long-lasting and loyal community of fans
- How to adopt the new mindset for effective marketing in the digital era
- The new marketing of the 5E’s
- How to explore a different business model
Inspiration & Storytelling
The Last Ring Home – A true story of Love, Courage and Honour
This is a moving personal story, the fruit of 27 years of research, which chronicles the life of my grandparents through WWII. The leitmotif of the film follows the remarkable journey of my grandfather’s Annapolis ring that spanned 40,000 miles and changed hands six times before finally fulfilling a dying man’s last wish. A combination of romance, extraordinary serendipity and deep determination, this story is bound to stir emotions and help place attention on immutable and significant values. This speech can be done with or without the screening of the 27-minute film. www.thelastringhome.com (award-winning film and book published by Myndset Press Nov 2016)
- Learn a part of WWII History that is rarely ever covered
- The impact of war on the homefront and how to build resiliency
- The importance of uncovering your family history
- Regain a focus on what’s important in life and the core values of courage, honour and love